Adak, Alaska 2000 - Page 2
(Left to Right)
- Arriving at the air terminal on Adak (view eastward).
- The Reeve Aleutian Airways jet, view west. Bering Hill facilities
can just barely be seen on the far right.
- GSE, Ground Support Equipment.
- The newest housing with plexiglass "solariums"
just west of Monument Hill. View of the back yard.
- Ditto, but view of the front yard.
- The VP Hangar (Patrol aircraft hangar).
- Lupines in a field east of the VP hangar.
- Finger Bay, looking east.
- The Veterans of Adak.
- Finger Bay, looking south.
- Married Officer's Quarters; our guest room.
- The dining room.
- The kitchen.
- Low clouds, an eastward morning view toward Kagalaska Island
on the left and Adak on the right.
- North shore of Kuluk Bay with Zeto point at the end of the
curved beach. About 2/3 the distance is the entrance to Clam
Lagoon, crossing the entrance is an old wooden trestle bridge
called Candlestick Bridge. In the far distance is Great Sitkin
- Same location, but view to south across Kuluk Bay. Amazing
to find a warning sign posted after all these years that many
of us went hiking around this area.
All photographs copyright 2000 by Paul Roberts.