Adak, Alaska 2000 -- Page 3
- One of the Commsta (later known as NSGA) buildings.
- Probably the same building. The tunnel at the left connects
the barracks and dining facility (chow hall, galley) and entertainments.
In the basement existed a small diner that was famous for its
french fries, but not much else.
- A photo inside one of the connecting tunnels. Through the
windows you can distantly see Clam Lagoon.
- View south-southeast. The flagpole existed at the entrance
(by road) to the station. The body of water is Clam Lagoon, at
the far end is Candlestick Bridge. On the left is Zeto Point.
- Sea Otter in Clam Lagoon.
- Commsta (NSGA) viewed from east across Clam Lagoon.
- Panorama -- first of two images. Commsta viewed from southeast
on the Zeto Point Seawall which is also across Clam Lagoon.
- The second image of the panorama. Mount Adagdak is on the
- Veterans visit the cobbled beach on the Zeto Point seawall.
Photography copyright 2000 by Paul Roberts